MHG47247 - Glaichoile
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TOWNSHIP (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (27/05/2004)
NH43SW 41 4013 3048
This township, which is situated in scrub woodland 200m S of Glaichoile, comprises eight rectangular buildings and at least one enclosure. The buildings are much reduced, but those that can be measured range from 5.3m to 14.8m in length and from 3.1m to 4.1m in breadth within walls up to 0.9m in thickness and 0.6m in height. Three display squared corners (URQ97 460, 462, 464) and three have entrances in the S side (URQ97 459, 462, 463). One is divided into two compartments and has a byre-drain in W compartment (URQ97 465). Only one (URQ97 464) is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet xxviii), and this is shown roofed.
Visited by RCAHMS (PJD) 23 October 1997
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4012 3048 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/259326 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.