MHG47254 - Braefield
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (27/05/2004)
NH43SW 48 41839 30412 and 41817 30397
The remains of these two rectangular buildings stand about 15m apart in scrub woodland to the W of Braefield. That to the SW (URQ97 111; NH 4181 3039) measures 13.3m from N to S by 3.5m transversely within faced rubble walls 0.7m thick and up to 0.6m high, and it has two entrances in its E side. That to the NE (URQ97 112; NH 4183 3041) has been reduced to a stance measuring 12m from E to W by 5.2m overall. Both buildings are depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet xxviii). The OS Name Book describes Braefield as 'a small cultivated district containing several cothouses'.
Visited by RCAHMS (SDB) 9 October 1997
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 259340 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 41838 30412 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/259340 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.