MHG47258 - Balnalick
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (02/06/2004)
NH43SW 52 43723 31351
This building stands amongst gorse bushes about 200m WNW of Balnalick. It measures 9.3m from NE to SW by 3.4m transversely within faced rubble walls up to 0.5m high. There is an entrance on the SE and a subrectangular enclosure to the NW.
This may be the western of two buildings depicted here on George Brown's 1808 'Plan of the Davoch of Inchbreen' (National Archives of Scotland RHP 11955) and it is shown roofed (though without the enclosure) on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1876, sheet xxviii). It is known locally to have once served as a shop (inf. Mr & Mrs N Lyon, Corrish).
Visited by RCAHMS (SDB) 21 August 1997
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 259356 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 43723 31351 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/259356 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.