MHG47288 - Dalreach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (04/06/2004)
NH43SE 64.00 4627 3170
NH43SE 64.01 4626 3162 Building
These two buildings stand in dense bracken on the edge of woodland 70m N of Dalreach Cottage and on the E bank of the Allt a' Phuil. The larger building measures 12.6m from E to W by 3.9m transversely within faced rubble walls up to 1m in height. An outshot extends 5.6m to the E. The smaller building, immediately to the SE, is aligned N and S and measures 5.6m by 2.6m internally.
Both buildings are depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xxix), but the name Dalriach, applied to the map immediately to the SW, refers to a building on the site now occupied by the present cottage, 70m to the S at NH 4626 3162 and on the W bank of the burn (NH64SE 64.01). By the date of the 2nd edition of the OS 25-inch map (Inverness-shire 1905, sheet xxix), the buildings were unroofed.
Visited by RCAHMS (SDB) 6 November 1997
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4627 3170 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/259507 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.