MHG47351 - Culnakirk Burn
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Undated)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (25/06/2004)
NH53SW 68 50355 31831
A round-ended building is situated in rough grassland to the E of the Culnakirk Burn. It measures 9.3m from NNW to SSE by 4m transversely within turf footings spread to 0.9m in thickness and up to 0.3m in height. The SSE end of the building is rounded in plan, and the interior may taper towards the NNW. A roughly rectangular enclosure lies immediately to the NNW, the E side of which is joined to a field-bank that describes a rough C-shape and encloses ground on both sides of the burn. This field-bank is shown on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet xxix) and may post-date the building and enclosure.
Visited by RCAHMS (DCC) 4 November 1997
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 260443 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 50354 31831 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND GLENMORISTON|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/260443 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.