MHG47391 - Inchechart
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- FIELD BOUNDARY (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (13/07/2004)
NH43SW 67 4026 3014
A building, situated on a ridge overlooking Milton of Buntait, was noted during the course of a pre-afforestation survey by Wordsworth Archaeological Services. Tussocky grass and scrub obscure the building which measures c.11m from E to W by 4m with a possible extension, measuring 6m or 10m in length, to the E. About 45m to the W there is the corner of a collapsed drystone wall whose arms measure 18 on the NE and 20m to the SE. The latter arm may extend back to the building although this is too obscured by scrub.
The building is depicted as roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire sheet xxviii, 1876) but is shown as unroofed on the 2nd edition map (Inverness-shire sheet xxviii, 1904). An additional two structures by the road that are depicted on the 1st edition map are no longer visible may have been destroyed during road widening operations. An enclosure shown to the S of the building on both editions of the OS map was not located during the survey whilst the walling noted during the survey is not depicted on either the 1st or 2nd edition OS Maps.
Information from J Wordsworth 6 December 1999
NMRS MS 2007 no.50
|Centred NH 4066 3039 (20m by 20m) (2 map features)
|KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/261044 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.