MHG47394 - Inchechart
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- ENCLOSURE (Undated)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (13/07/2004)
NH43SW 71 4067 3040
Remnants of a building and enclosure, situated to the S of a road were noted during the course of a pre-afforestation survey by Wordsworth Archaeological Services. The building is depicted as roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire sheet xxviii, 1871) and as two separate structures on the 2n edition OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire sheet xxviii, 1904). At that time the W part is shown roofed while the E part is shown as a separate unroofed structure. Both editions of OS map show an enclosure to the W. Very little now survives of these features. The probable ends of the W structure survive as low wall as 15m apart and fragments of the adjacent E structure suggest that it was c.12m long. There is no trace of the adjacent enclosure.
Information from J Wordsworth 6 December 1999
NMRS MS 2007 no.47
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4066 3039 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/261047 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.