MHG47395 - Inchechart
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (13/07/2004)
NH43SW 72 4106 3068
A building, lying within an area of cleared forestry was noted during the course of a pre-afforestation survey by Wordsworth Archaeological Services. Situated 14m W of a large ash tree, the building measures about 12m from ENE to WSW by 4m. It has been heavily disturbed by forestry ploughing and harvesting. The building is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire sheet xxviii,1876). A further wall-face and pile of stones lies 14m downslope of the W end. This may represent the end of a building set at right angles to the first or alternatively the S wall of an enclosure depicted on the 1st edition OS map. A bank or former dyke lying to the N of the building probably marks the N edge of this enclosure.
There is no evidence for the possible building and enclosure marked on the 1st edition of the OS map at NH c.4122 3071. The mark on the map may be a printing error or smudge.
Information from J Wordsworth 6 December 1999
NMRS MS 2007 nos.42-3
|Grid reference||Centred NH 4105 3068 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||KILTARLITY AND CONVINTH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/261051 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.