MHG47489 - Cropmarks, Tarscavaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (4)
- SITE (Undated)
- PIT ALIGNMENT? (Unknown date)
- QUARRY (Unknown date)
- RIG AND FURROW (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (01/11/2004)
NH64NW 96 6326 4872
Indeterminate cropmarks have been recorded on oblique aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 2000) lying on gently sloping ground about 350m N of Tarscavaig.
Information from RCAHMS (KMM) 16 July 2004 <1>
The description of these photographs state that they are centred on the cropmarks of possible quarries, pit-setting and rig with cropmarks adjacent. <2>
Jim Bone photographed these cropmarks in 2009 and supplied a copy of the photograph to the Highland HER. <3>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 262698.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 262698.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. 2008-9. Aerial photographs of various HER sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6320 4875 (533m by 401m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/262698 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)