MHG47489 - Cropmarks, Tarscavaig
No summary available.
Type and Period (4)
- SITE (Undated)
- PIT ALIGNMENT? (Unknown date)
- QUARRY (Unknown date)
- RIG AND FURROW (Medieval to 19th Century - 1058 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (01/11/2004)
NH64NW 96 6326 4872
Indeterminate cropmarks have been recorded on oblique aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 2000) lying on gently sloping ground about 350m N of Tarscavaig.
Information from RCAHMS (KMM) 16 July 2004 <1>
The description of these photographs state that they are centred on the cropmarks of possible quarries, pit-setting and rig with cropmarks adjacent. <2>
Jim Bone photographed these cropmarks in 2009 and supplied a copy of the photograph to the Highland HER. <3>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 262698.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 262698.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Oblique: Bone, J. 2008-9. Aerial photographs of various HER sites submitted by Jim Bone. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6320 4875 (533m by 401m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/262698 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.