MHG47703 - 2 Custom House Street- Ullapool
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1801 AD to 2100 AD)
- None recorded
The substantial villa-style house was built as part of the adjacent drill-hall (see MHG23165), as the dwelling of the resident instructor. It has three bays with a central door and flanking windows. There is a curvilinear gable to the left bay and a timber-corbelled oriel breaking the eaves to the right bay, both with finials. The house has a pitched and piended slate roof, stone skews, and prominent chimney stacks. There is a rear single storey lean-to extension. Recorded as part of HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project 2013. <1> <2> <3>
See link below to HES Canmore record for photos of the building.
GIS spatial data created 2019 based on OS Master Map. <4>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Osbourne, M. 2006. Always Ready: Drill Halls of Britain's Volunteer Forces. pp 282.
- <1> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 267710.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Barclay, G.J.. 2014. The Built Heritage of the First World War in Scotland: The report of a project commissioned by Historic Scotland & RCAHMS. Unaffiliated. Digital. pp 64, table 43.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Kilpatrick, A K. 2014. RCAHMS World War One Survey Project. Digital. Site 399.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred NH 12886 94283 (12m by 13m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/267710 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.