MHG47727 - Terraced House - Latheron
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- TERRACED HOUSE (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1850 AD (between))
- None recorded
Early C19 end (most easterly) building in a terrace of three houses, of which the most westrely was the former Latheron Post Office. <1>
The post office and terrace were listed at Category B in 1984.
Following unauthorised works to the buildings which included extensive interior remodelling, removal of historic fabric and replacement of original timber windows with uPVC they were delisted by Historic Environment Scotland with effect from 11/10/2019. <2>
GIS data amended in 2019 according to approximate position of the building as shown on OS MasterMap. However, it does not appear to be depicted entirely correctly on OS mapping. <3>
- <1> Verbal Communication: Puls, A. Comment by Andrew Puls, HC Archaeologist.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Environment Scotland. 2019. Delisting Notification - LB7929. Historic Environment Scotland. 14/10/2019. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital. XY
|Grid reference||Centred ND 19947 33563 (12m by 10m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (2)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/267762 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.