MHG4793 - Leaf Shaped Arrowhead - Uiginish
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Centred 24 48.
A leaf-shaped arrowhead of white flint, 1 1/8" in length found in a moss at Uiginish, near Dunvegan (NG 24 48). Now at NMAS.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1921; RCAHMS 1928; Visited by OS (C F W) 9 November 1960.
NMS Acc. No. AD 1430. <1>
- --- Text/Report: RCAHMS. 1928. The Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments and Constructions of Scotland. Ninth report with inventory of monuments and constructions in the Outer Hebrides, Skye and the Small Isles. . L.
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1921. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 55 1920-1, p.10-28, 108-10, 150-2, 272-5. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 10-28, 108-10, 150-2, 272. 11.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AD 1430.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2399 4800 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/10810 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.