MHG4798 - Former house and Croft Museum - Colbost
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BLACKHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
A thatched later C19 traditional Skye house.
The building and still house to rear (see MHG42905) were listed at category B in 1982.
Following re-assessment in 2019-20 by Historic Environment Scotland, the by then collapsed still-house was removed from the listing and the listing address was amended with effect from 16/03/2021. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Volume: Minchinton, W. 1984. A guide to industrial archaeology sites in Britain. 170.
- <1> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Environment Scotland. 2021. Notification of the amendment to 1 Colbost, House And Former Still House Now Croft Museums: LB496. Historic Environment Scotland. 19/03/2021. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 2159 4870 (30m by 30m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (1)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB496 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/10815 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.