MHG48437 - Marybank, Achonochy Road, Site of Church
Church of Scotland Church, first shown on mapping in the 1970s; no longer extant.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (04/05/2005)
NH45SE 43 48015 53720 <1>
First building on this site is shown on 5th edition Ordnance Survey mapping. Marked as marybank Church (Church of Scotland).<2>
This church has now been demolished. No trace of the building could be identified on the site during a visit by the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust.<3><4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 272131.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1964-73. Ordnance Survey 25 inch map: Epoch 5a. Digital.
- <3> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 48015 53720 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/272131 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.