MHG48494 - Cullicudden
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (24/05/2005)
NH66SW 31 6499 6363
A roofed building with an enclosing wall and a small building on the N side is marked on the 1st edition OS map of 1880, and is again present on the 1907 2nd edition. A single compartment, unroofed building is marked on the 1996 OS 1:10,000 map. The site is visible as a ruined, single compartment rectangular structure on an aerial photograph of 1954, and was still visible in a 1973 aerial photograph. A desktop survey ahead of the Resolis Water Main Renewal Project researched this site. A walkover survey will be carried out when the route for a new pipeline has been devised.
S Farrell 2003
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 272617 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6498 6363 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/272617 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.