MHG48506 - Bog Of Cullicudden
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- SMITHY (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (01/06/2005)
NH66SE 27 6650 6422
A smithy was recorded here as part of a desktop survey for the Resolis Water Main Renewal Project (NH 536 070 - centred). It is marked on the OS 1st edition map of 1880, and named as a smithy. By the 2nd edition map, in 1907, the building is shown to be still roofed but is no longer marked as a smithy. The OS 1:10,000 map (1991) shows the building as unroofed and of two compartments. The ruined building can be seen in aerial photography (1954, 1969 and 1973).
S Farrell 2003
Sponsor: Halcrow Group Ltd
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 272667 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6649 6422 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/272667 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.