MHG48519 - Ferryton
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (03/06/2005)
NH66NE 103 6792 6626
A building was recorded at this site as part of an archaeological desktop survey for the Resolis Water Mains Renewal Project. It is marked as roofed on the OS 1st edition map of 1880, as well as the 2nd edition of 1907. An unroofed building with a possible enclosure to the N side is shown on the 1992 OS 1:10,000 map. The site is seen as a dense area of undergrowth on an aerial photograph of 1946, with a hedge around the enclosure. The site is visible as a ruined rectangular structure on an aerial photograph of 1954 and 1969, and the site is partly visible on an aerial photograph of 1973.
S Farrell 2003
Sponsor: Halcrow Group Ltd on behalf of Scottish Water
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6791 6625 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/272704 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.