MHG48583 - Dunan Mor
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- RADAR STATION (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- ADMIRALTY SIGNAL STATION (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
NMRS Report: (21/07/2005)
NC27SE 12 2618 7445
Radar installation linked to Royal Navy gunnery range.
NC27SE 12.00 26176 74452
The station consists of an early 20th Century terrace of three stone-built, flat-roofed three-bay single-storey cottages facing NW. Each cottage has a small extension to the rear, where the sheltered main entrance is accompanied by an adjacent store. Adjacent, is a single-storey building of similar construction with door and window openings to the inland-facing SW elevation only. 15m to the N is an earlier single-storey cottage with a pitched corrugated-steel roof, which faces NE, towards the coast. This is possibly part of the signal station depicted on the 2nd edition of the OS 25-inch map (NC27SE 16). Approximately 50m to the NNE is a small rectangular stone-walled enclosure with a circular concrete plinth set in the middle (NC27SE 12.01), of unknown origin. Information from RCAHMS (ITMP), January 2008
An outbuilding to the northeast was a former laundry and store dating to circa 1930.
The buildings were listed by Historic Scotland at Category B in 2013. <2>
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 272931 (Dataset). SHG24123.
<2> Historic Scotland, 2013, Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Forty Fifth Amendment) 2013 (Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings). SHG27118.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 272931.
- <2> Text/Designation Notification/List of Buildings: Historic Scotland. 2013. Combined Statutory and Descriptive List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest (Highland Council, One Hundred and Forty Fifth Amendment) 2013. Historic Scotland. 31/05/2013. Digital.
|Grid reference||NC 2617 7445 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/LB52037 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/272931 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.