MHG48640 - Ingot Fragment - Tore
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FINDSPOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
NH 61 54. Fragment of bronze ingot found in 2003 by Mr David Watmough while metal detecting. Analysis indicates a composition consistent with a Bronze Age or later date. <1>
This ingot was catalogued and photographed as part of the North Kessock & District Local History Society and Archaeology for Communities in the Highlands (ARCH) collaborative 'Feats of Clay' Project, which was focused on Bronze Age metalworking around the Moray Firth. It was assigned a Late Bronze Age date. <2>
The ingot was submitted to Treasure Trove (TT 43/03) and allocated in Inverness Museum. It is listed under Acc. No. 2004.018. <3> <4>
Inverness Museum archive files contain a map showing the findspot of the ingot. <5>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Cowie, T. 2004. 'Ingot, Tore', Discovery Excav Scot, New Series, vol. 5. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 76-125. Online. 76. XY
- <2> Text/Publication/Monograph: Clark, G., Cowie, T. & Kruse, S. 2017. Feats of Clay. Cat. No. 156.
- <3> Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 43/03.
- <4> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 43/03.
- <5> Collection: Inverness Museum. 2019. Inverness Museum and Art Gallery Archive Files. 2004.018.
|Grid reference||NH 60 54 (point)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
- INGOT (Bronze Age - 2400 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/273736 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.