MHG48674 - Flint Knife - Conon Bridge
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Plano-convex flint knife (Neolithic/Bronze Age). Surface find by Mr J McCulloch. L 72mm x B 41mm x Th 13mm; Wt 32g. Claimed as Treasure Trove (TT 98/03) and allocated to Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. <1>
See attached TT Artefact Report. <2>
Listed under Acc. No. 2004.035 in the IMAG catalogue. <3>
- --- Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 98/03.
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Saville, A. 2004. 'Conon Bridge (Urquhart & Logie Wester parish), flint knife', Discovery Excav Scot, vol. 5. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 81. Online. pp. 81.
- <2> Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 98/03.
- <3> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2004.035.
|Grid reference||NH 548 558 (point)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
|Civil Parish||URQUHART AND LOGIE WESTER|
- KNIFE (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/273781 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.