MHG48763 - Camore And Sydera Wood
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- HUT CIRCLE (Undated)
NMRS Report: (23/09/2005)
NH78NE 96 7715 8933
Three hut circles were recorded here during survey work in this area of Dornoch parish. Information contained within the RCAHMS 1911 volume was used to find the site. They are joined together and lie on top of a knoll, aligned E-W. One is 11m in diameter with 3m of wall spread. There is an E entrance, 1.5m wide. On the W side of this hut is adjoined another hut, formed by a 14m diameter hollow. There is little left of the walls of this structure, but a SW entrance can still be seen. Onto this structure is joined another hut structure. It is built on a 6.5m platform, with scant remains of walling around it. No entrance could be made out. See also NH78NE 2.
S J T Robertson, 1993
|Grid reference||Centred NH 7714 8933 (20m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://portal.historicenvironment.scot/designation/SM5898 (Online designation description (Historic Environment Scotland))
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/275275 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.