MHG49272 - Inverness, Holm Mills Road, Holm Mills
Holm Mills, shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping onwards.
Type and Period (2)
- WATERMILL (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD (at some time))
- WOOLLEN MILL (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (04/01/2006)
NH64SE 364.00 centred 65488 43128
Holm Mills [NAT]
OS 1:10,560 map, 1959.
OS 1:10,000 map, 1984.
NH64SE 364.01 NH 64994 43078 to NH 65412 43151 Lade
NH64SE 364.02 NH 65581 43151 to NH 65711 43164 Tail-race (lade) <1>
Holm Mills is first shown on 1st edition Ordnance Survey mapping, marked as a Woollen Mills, with gasometer, sluices and lades to the E and W. Shown on 2nd edition Ordnance Survey mapping. Much altered on modern mapping. <2>-<4>
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 277966 (Dataset). SHG24123.
<2> Ordnance Survey, 1873-6, Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire (Image/Map). SHG23755.
<3> Ordnance Survey, 1902, Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire (Image/Map). SHG23947.
<4> Ordnance Survey, Ordnance Survey Mastermap (Image/Map). SHG23361.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 277966.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1902. Ordnance Survey 2nd edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <4> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. Ordnance Survey Mastermap. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 65505 43121 (206m by 100m)|
|Civil Parish||INVERNESS AND BONA|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/277966 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.