MHG49430 - Farmstead, Inverbroom Home Farm
A large farmstead depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1875.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (11/05/2006)
NH18SE 22 18214 83745
NH18SE 3 NH 18200 83700 Inverbroom House
NH18SE 6 NH 18420 84145 Inverbroom Bridge (on approach track) <1>
This site was visited as part of the RCAHMS Scottish Farm Buildings Survey on 22 August 2000. The farmstead comprises a large complex of buildings including a covered cattle court, stables, a threshing barn and a meal mill. Information from RCAHMS (ACD) 23 January 2008; NMRS MS 2560/279 <2>
Photographs of buildings at the southern extreme of the farmstead were submitted to the HER in March 2009. There is a current planning consent for conversion to 4 houses. <3>
A photographic record of the former dairy/laundry was submitted in August 2009 as part of a planning application for conversion to a one bedroom dwelling. <4>
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 279548 (Dataset). SHG24123.
<2> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<3> G H Johnston Building Consultants Ltd, 2009, Photographic record of Inverbroom Farm Steading (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG24132.
<4> G H Johnston Building Consultants Ltd, 2009, Conversion of former dairy/laundry into one bed dwelling at Inverbroom Farm Steading, Loch Broom: Photographic record to accompany planning application (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG24503.
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 279548.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS).
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): G H Johnston Building Consultants Ltd. 2009. Photographic record of Inverbroom Farm Steading. Colour. . Digital.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): G H Johnston Building Consultants Ltd. 2009. Conversion of former dairy/laundry into one bed dwelling at Inverbroom Farm Steading, Loch Broom: Photographic record to accompany planning application. G H Johnston Building Consultants Ltd. . Digital (scanned as PDF).
|Grid reference||Centred NH 18204 83748 (197m by 270m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (2)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/279548 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.