MHG49560 - Aultbea Church
19th church, still in use.
Type and Period (1)
- CHURCH (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (10/04/2006)
NG88NE 36 87544 88556
Aultbea Church [NAT]
OS 1:10.560 map, 1968. <1>
A 19th century church in use without a graveyard. The church was erected in 1889 by J. Hinton Gall and does not appear to have been an earlier ecclesiastical site. Visited during the Highland Kirkyards project, run by Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. <2><3>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 280380.
- <2> Collection/Project Archive: Robinson, B; Scott, M; Wright, A. 03/2010. Highland Kirkyards: Ross and Cromarty. Highland Buildings Preservation Trust. 29/07/2010. Paper (Original).
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Highlands Buildings Preservation Trust. 2009. Photographs of Ross and Cromarty Kirkyards. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 87542 88555 (14m by 21m)|
|Geographical Area||ROSS AND CROMARTY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/280380 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.