MHG49591 - Mill House, Roybridge
A later 19th century house incorporating an earlier cottage to the rear.
Type and Period (1)
- MILL HOUSE (19th Century - 1801 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
Information taken from Miers, M (2008) "Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide": Miller's House, probably by John Rhind, 1870/2, incorporates an earlier cottage in its rear wing. It is unusual in having been built by the laird (Mackintosh) as a retirement home for local priest Father Donald Forbes, becoming the miller's house after his death. <1><2>
Photographs of the building were submitted as part of a planning application for an extension. <3>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 280706.
- <2> Interactive Resource/Online Database: RCAHMS. Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS). 280706.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s): Private individual. 12/2010. Photographs of Mill House, Roybridge. Colour. . Digital.
|Grid reference||NN 27548 80771 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/280706 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.