MHG49609 - Farmstead - Easter Fearn
A farmstead at Easter Fearn.
Type and Period (3)
- FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- SAW MILL (19th Century to 20th Century - 1801 AD? to 2000 AD?)
- None recorded
Farmstead at Easter Fearn.
In 2014 ARCH provided a number of courses, field trips and other activities exploring and researching the remains of the 19th century engineer, road and church builder Thomas Telford. A project was undertaken in Kyle of Sutherland, during which many sites, some not directly related to Telford, were visited and photographed by participants. A sawmill is at Easter Fearn steadings. The lade, sluice (see MHG40647) and mill dam (see MHG31210) are marked on the 1st and 2nd OS maps. The sawmill is still there, but not in regular use. <1>
GIS spatial data amended in 2018 according to OS MasterMap. <2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 64578 86681 (154m by 126m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (2)
- http://www.archhighland.org.uk/telford-in-kyle-of-sutherland.asp (Visit the ARCH Telford in the Kyle of Sutherland Project page)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/281174 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.