MHG49768 - Saddle Quern - Ardvannie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
- None recorded
Saddle quern (NMS) NH 690 870 Saddle quern fragment (H 0.15m; W 0.5m; B 0.15m) found in a field at Edderton. The area surrounding the findspot has the remains of several cairns, and a trough quern has previously been found in the vicinity. The find was not claimed as Treasure Trove (TTNC.05/22). <1>
This saddle quern was acquired by Inverness Museum and is listed under Acc. No. 2006.012. <2>
- <1> Text/Publication/Article: Heald, A.. 2005. 'Ardvannie, Highland (Duthil & Rothiemurchus parish), evaluation', Discovery Excav Scot, vol. 6. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 81. Online. pp. 81.
- <2> Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2006.012.
|Grid reference||NH 689 869 (point)|
- SADDLE QUERN (Neolithic to Late Bronze Age - 4000 BC to 551 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282712 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.