MHG49771 - Polished Stone Axehead - Beauly, Kilmorack, Ardachy
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
Neolithic polished stone axehead of indurated siltstone. L 162mm x B 64mm x Th 31mm; Wt 351g. Claimed as Treasure Trove (TT.83/04) and allocated to Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. <1>
See attached TT Artefact Report. <2>
Listed under Acc. No. 2005.027.001 on the IMAG catalogue. <3>
- --- SHG28208 Dataset/Database File: Treasure Trove. 2019. Highland Finds from Treasure Trove Annual Reports 2004-18. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 83/04.
- <1> SHG28437 Text/Publication/Article: Saville, A. 2005. 'Ardachy, Kilmorack, Beauly, Highland (Kilmorack parish), Neolithic axehead', Discovery Excav Scot, vol. 6. Discovery and Excavation in Scotland. 83. Online. pp. 83. XY
- <2> SHG28370 Text/Record Form: Treasure Trove. 2019. Treasure Trove Artefact Reports for Highland Area 1994-2018. Treasure Trove. Digital. TT 83/04.
- <3> SHG25836 Collection/Catalogue: Inverness Museum & Art Gallery. Inverness Museum & Art Gallery Accession registers. 2005.027.001.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 495 445 (20m by 20m)|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282715 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.