MHG498 - Township, Beinniadain

Summary

No summary available.

Type and Period (1)

  • TOWNSHIP (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)

Protected Status

  • None recorded

Full Description

Centred on 694 546

Remains of 4 houses, perhaps orginally a shieling of Rahoy, but the substantial houses, the marks of cultivation, and the 1770 plan make it certain that this was at one time a permanent settlement despite its situation. Occupied by 1770, abandoned by 1841.
P Gaskell 1968

Cruck-slots noted.
G Stell 1981

Four unroofed buildings are depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Argyllshire 1875, sheet xl). Three unroofed buildings are shown on the current edition of the OS 1:10000 map (1972).
Information from RCAHMS (SAH) 14 May 1998

Sources/Archives (2)

Map

Location

Grid reference Centred NM 6939 5460 (100m by 100m) (Buffered by site type)
Map sheet NM65SE
Civil Parish MORVERN
Geographical Area LOCHABER

Finds (0)

Related Monuments/Buildings (0)

Related Investigations/Events (0)

External Links (1)

Comments and Feedback

Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.