MHG49820 - Fae
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (19/02/2007 09:19:29)
NJ01NE 33 NJ 09369 17034
This building is situated close to the leading edge of a NW-facing terrace in moorland 200m SE of Fae (NJ01NE 47). Rectangular on plan, it measures 12.1m from NNE to SSW by 4.7m transversely over stone walls 1m thick and standing up to 0.9m high. There is an entrance on the ESE. The building is depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet LX), but it had been abandoned by the end of the 19th century and is shown unroofed on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet LX).
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 9 August 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 09368 17033 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282837 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.