MHG49832 - Toberaie
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (19/02/2007 10:23:34)
NJ01NE 45 NJ 06389 18051
The remains of this building are situated in rough pasture 110m SSE of Toberaie farmsteading (NJ01NE 44). Rectangular on plan, it measures 9.7m from NE to SW by 5.1m transversely over grass-grown boulder wall-footings up to 0.5m in height.
The building is depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet LX), at which time it was linked to Toberaie steading by a track, but it had been abandoned by the end of the 19th century and is shown unroofed on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet LX).
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS, TP) 10 August 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 06388 18050 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282860 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.