MHG49834 - Fae
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (19/02/2007 10:32:31)
NJ01NE 47 NJ 09203 17204
All that is now visible of this farmstead is the farmhouse, a W-facing one-and-half storey cottage that was in the process of being renovated on the date of visit. The 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet LX) depicts four buildings here, lying immediately W of a garden, and other small buildings and an enclosure about 100m to the N. The Ordnance Survey Name Book (Inverness-shire Book 2, p. 24) describes Straancamernich, as Fae was called at that time, as `a small farm steading, dwelling house and outhouses one storey high, thatched and in tolerable repair, the property of the Earl of Seafield'. By the end of the 19th century the farmstead appears to have been rebuilt and renamed Fae; three roofed buildings, including the surviving cottage, are shown roofed on the 2nd edition of the map, but they have a very different disposition to the earlier steading.
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 8 August 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 09230 17203 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282864 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.