MHG49868 - Sliemor
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (21/02/2007 09:15:27)
NJ02SW 60 NJ 03993 20805
Nothing is visible of this farmstead, which stood in what is now an arable field on a river terrace of the Allt Mor. As depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet XLVIA), the farmstead comprised a roofed range, orientated NNE and SSW, which stood immediately E of a garden. At the W end of the garden there was a second, smaller roofed building. By the end of the 19th century the range had been abandoned and it is shown unroofed on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet XLVIA). By this time the garden appears to have been removed, possibly to make way for the construction of an extension onto the E end of the second building. The W end of this building is depicted on the modern 1:10,000 map (1974), but it was not found in dense undergrowth on the date of visit.
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS, LM) 6 September 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 03992 20805 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/282943 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.