MHG50011 - Burnside
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (21/02/2007 14:08:32)
NJ02NE 64 NJ 08652 26152
This farmstead, which is situated in rough pasture 380m E of Burnside farmsteading, comprises two rectangular buildings and two enclosures, a pair of each respectively standing on the NE and SW banks of the Resmuden Burn. The building on the SW bank of the burn (NJ 08600 26138) measures 11.2m from NW to SE by 5.5m transversely over grass-grown wall-footings 0.2m in height, and there is an entrance in the NW end. The building on the NE bank (NJ 08652 26152) measures 9.4m from NW to SE by 4.7m transversely over walls reduced to grass-grown footings 0.3m in height. There are two possible entrances in the SW side. Both buildings lies immediately SE of what are probably sheepfolds.
The farmstead appears to have been abandoned before the middle of the 19th century and it is not depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Elginshire 1874, sheet XXXIII).
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 26 October 2006.
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 284313 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 08651 26151 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/284313 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.