MHG50017 - Allt Catanach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (20/02/2007 11:21:26)
NJ02SE 33 NJ 09257 20288
This substantial rectangular building is situated adjacent to the S side of the 18th century military road (NJ02SE 7) with which it is probably contemporary. The building measures 14m from ENE to WSW by 5.3m transversely over walls reduced to stone footings 0.5m in height. The interior contains two compartments, a small one at the WSW end linked to the larger by a doorway at the N end of the shared partition. The entrance to the building is situated a little to the W of the centre of the SSE side, and it is furnished with a porch which is entered from the ENE.
The building is not depicted on either the 1st or 2nd edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet XLVIA; 1902, sheet XLVIA).
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 26 October 2006.
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 284330 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 09256 20287 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/284330 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.