MHG50048 - Broomhill
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- FARMSTEAD (Undated)
- LIME KILN (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (22/02/2007 08:42:51)
NH92SE 62 NH 9969 2223
All that is now visible of this farmstead is a low, stony platform in the corner of a small paddock immediately S of Broomhill Bridge (NH92SE 21). Nothing is visible of the limekiln which stood about 30m to the SE, on the opposite side of the public road. As depicted on both the 1st and 2nd editions of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1875, sheet XLVI; 1903, sheet XLVI), the farmstead comprised three roofed buildings and a garden. Broomhill is noted in the Ordnanace Survey Name Book (Inverness-shire, Book 1, p. 25) as 'two small wooden dwelling houses, one storey high, owned by the Earl of Seafield'.
Visited by RCAHMS (JRS) 22 August 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 9969 2222 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/284608 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.