MHG50075 - Building - Congash
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (30/11/2006 14:58:46)
NJ 02 NE 69 05971 26050
The remains of a rectangular building are situated in a woodland clearing about 700m SE of Congash farmsteading. It measures 11.9m from NE to SW by 5.4m transversely over walls up to 0.7m in height, with an entrance in the NW side set towards the SW end. There is a possible blocked cruck slot in the internal face of the NW side, and a pen has been inserted into the NE corner.
The building is depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874, sheet xxxv), at which time it was situated between a garden to the NW and an enclosure to SE.
Visited by RCAHMS (AGCH) 9 September 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 05970 26049 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/284958 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.