MHG50104 - Farmstead, Stainland
A post-medieval farmstead.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Post Medieval - 1560 AD to 1900 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (08/12/2006 11:33:02)
ND16NW 396 12319 66922
Stainland Cottage Famstead
Stainland farmstead depicted on the 1st edition O.S 6-inch map (Caithnesshire, 1872, sheet v) is now occupied by Stainland Cottage.
8th Dec 2006 <1>
Photographs of no 2, Stainland Farm Cottages were submitted to the HER in October 2009 in connection with planning consent for conversion to an agricultural store. <2>
Photographs of the adjacent farmhouse (no 1, Stainland Farm Cottages) were taken by David Barclay of Caithness Planning Office during a site visit in October 2008 in connection with planning consent for conversion to an agricultural store. The building has now been demolished. Two additional aerial views, taken some years ago, were submitted by the planning applicant. <3><4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 285090.
- <2> Image/Photograph(s): Unknown. 09/2009. Photographs of no 2, Old Farm House, Stainland. Colour. . Digital.
- <3> Verbal Communication: Highland Council. 12/2009. Telephone conversation between Andrew Puls, HCAU, and David Barclay. Yes.
- <4> Image/Photograph(s): Barclay, D. 2010. Photographs of various HER sites. Colour. Yes. Digital.
|Grid reference||Centred ND 12341 66911 (146m by 87m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285090 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.