MHG50147 - Kilmonivaig Primary School
Built in 1860 to a design by Alexander Ross, this school closed in 2002.
Type and Period (1)
- SCHOOL (In use, 19th Century to 21st Century - 1860 AD to 2002 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (18/12/2006 12:11:20)
NN28SW 27.00 21229 81961
NN28SW 27.01 21249 81953 Schoolhouse
Built in 1860 to a design by Alexander Ross, this school closed in 2002. <1>
Photographs of the building were submitted to the HER as a requirement of planning consent for change of use to a house. <2>
<1> RCAHMS, Canmore, online database of the Royal Commission for the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Scotland (RCAHMS) (Interactive Resource/Online Database). SHG23282.
<2> MacDonald, D R, 2008?, Photographs of Kilmonivaig School (Image/Photograph(s)). SHG24062.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 21228 81960 (23m by 17m) (Mastermap)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285295 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.