MHG50153 - Spean Bridge Station, Station Master's House
This record was created from data supplied by RCAHMS. It was awaiting classification at the time but the NMRS Canmore record may since have been updated. Click on the link at the bottom to view.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- TRANSPORT WORKERS HOUSE (Undated)
- None recorded
Martin Briscoe has uploaded images of this site to the Highland HER Flickr group. The images are also linked directly to this record, but follow the link to the Flickr group (at the bottom of this record) to see further information and comments. <1>
The Station master's cottage, built by Robert Wemyss in 1894, was of his standard design with bi-partite windows and ball-finialled, pyramid roof. <2>
- --- Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 285319.
- <1> Image/Photograph(s): Briscoe, J M. 2008-11. Information and photographs of various sites submitted by Martin Briscoe. Colour. Yes. Digital. via Flickr.
- <2> Text/Publication/Volume: Miers, M.. 2008. The Western Seaboard: An Illustrated Architectural Guide. Paperback. 39.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 222 814 (16m by 16m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- http://www.flickr.com/groups/her/pool/tags/MHG50153 (View images of this site in the Highland HER Flickr group)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285319 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.