MHG50237 - Upper Gaich
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (27/03/2007 13:07:49)
NJ02NW 101.02 NJ 01443 25920
This building is situated in stony ground at the edge of an improved field 100m NNW of Upper Gaich farmsteading. Rectangular on plan, it measures 11m from ESE to WNW by 4.9m transversely over a wall reduced to grass-grown footings, heavily robbed on the SSW and NNE sides. The footings at the ESE end incorporates several large boulders and the interior is partly filled with field-cleared stones.
The building is depicted on both the 1st and 2nd editions of the OS 6-inch map (Elginshire 1874, sheet xxxii; 1905, sheet xxxii SE). It is shown roofed on the former, unroofed on the latter.
Visited by RCAHMS (AG) 11 October 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 01443 25920 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||CROMDALE, INVERALLAN AND ADVIE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285672 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.