MHG50255 - Muckrach
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (22/03/2007 13:34:37)
NJ01NE 74 NJ 06534 17420
This building is situated about 80m NE of Muckrach, on the leading edge of a terrace on the N side of Allt Molach. Rectangular on plan, it measures 14.4m from ENE to WSW by 5.3m transversely over walls reduced to stone footings up to 0.5m in height. On the date of visit much of the interior and the S side of the building was obscured by thick gorse, but an entrance is visible in the N side. What is probably a midden hollow is situated immediately SE of the building, adjacent to a hollowed track which passes the ESE end of the building on its way down towards the burn.
The building is depicted roofed on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1874-5, sheet lx), which also shows the track. The building is not shown on the 2nd edition of the map (1902, sheet lx).
Visited by RCAHMS (TIP, AGCH) 23 August 2006.
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 06533 17420 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285700 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.