MHG50260 - Allt Na H-eirghe
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- BUILDING (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (12/01/2007 10:24:03)
NJ01SE 2 NJ 07690 13479
This building is situated in moorland 50m SW of the confluence of the Allt na h-Eirghe and an unnamed tributary. First depicted on the 2nd edition of the OS 6-inch map (Inverness-shire 1902, sheet lx), at which time it was in use as a bothy, the building subsequently fell into disrepair and is shown unroofed on the 1:10,000 map (NJ01SE) published in 1972. More recently, the stone wall-footings of the original structure, which measure 6m from NE to SW by about 5.2m transversely overall, have supported a tin-roofed wooden shed, but this, too, has fallen into disrepair.
Visited by RCAHMS (TIP, AGCH) 9 August 2006
|Grid reference||Centred NJ 07690 13479 (20m by 20m)|
|Civil Parish||ABERNETHY AND KINCARDINE|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/285705 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.