MHG5028 - Polished Stone Axehead - Carbost Beag
No summary available.
Type and Period (1)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
- None recorded
A polished axe of felstone measuring 4 1/4" in length, 2 3/8" across the cutting edge. Found at the site of new Parish Church at Carbost Beag, Minginish, parish of Bracadale, Skye, and donated to the NMAS.
Proc Soc Antiq Scot 1944.
The current 1:10560 map notes Carbost Church at NG 3860 3120
Under Acc. No. AF 872 in the NMS. <1>
- --- Text/Publication/Article: PSAS. 1944. 'Donations to and purchases for the Museum and Library, with exhibits', Proc Soc Antiq Scot Vol. 78 1943-4, p.139-44. Proc Soc Antiq Scot. 139-44. 139.
- <1> Dataset/Database File: National Museums Scotland. 2019. Highland Finds from the NMS Catalogue. National Museums Scotland. Digital. AF 872.
|Grid reference||Centred NG 3860 3119 (4m by 4m) (Buffered by site type)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2401 BC)
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/11073 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.