MHG50849 - Coille An Torr
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- PLATFORM (Undated)
- ARMOURED VEHICLE (Undated)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (18/06/2007 10:16:59)
NN89SW 11 849 945
Site identified during an archaeological survey of Glen Feshie. A total of 27 settlements (or clusters of buildings) were recorded, with a total of 293 individual archaeological features.
NN 849 945 The remains of a wartime encampment are situated on a terrace within the forest on the east side of the River Feshie.
NN 84942 94618 - Platforms.
NN 84970 94442 - Trenches.
NN 85171 94691 - Water tank (possible).
M. Marshall, October 2003.
This site was visited during a walkover survey in March and April 2011. See the linked event (EHG3560) to download the survey report. <1><2>
- --- Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 289104.
- <1> Collection/Project Archive: Fraser, L and Peteranna, M. 05/2011. Glenfeshie Estate Woodland Restoration Scheme: Desk-based Assessment and Walkover Survey. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital. Sites 23a to 23h.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Fraser, L. and Peteranna, M.. 05/2011. Glenfeshie Estate Woodland Restoration Scheme: Desk-based Assessment and Walkover Survey. Ross & Cromarty Archaeological Services. Digital. Sites 23a to 23h.
|Grid reference||Centred NN 848 944 (20m by 20m)|
|Geographical Area||BADENOCH AND STRATHSPEY|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289104 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.