MHG50887 - Plantation Bank - Kincardine
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- PLANTATION BANK (Undated)
- CAIRN? (Undated)
- None recorded
Cairn (?), Kincardine.
On the top of a rounded feature, standing about 150 ft. above sea-level, a quarter of a mile SSE of Kincardine Church there is a low mound planted with trees. It measures 28 yds by 25 yds, stands up to about 3 ft high, and is surrounded by a strong earthen mound.
This is probably not an ancient monument.
Visited by RCAHMS (AG, VGC) 9 September 1943.
This plantation bank, which is situated to the SE of Kincardine Parish Church, has been recorded on oblique aerial photography (RCAHMSAP 1991).
Information from RCAHMS (VLW) 21 June 2007
|Grid reference||Centred NH 6069 8908 (20m by 20m)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (2)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289180 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/320308/cnoc-na-cuaiche (Link to online HES Canmore record)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.