MHG50920 - Dalmore
No summary available.
Type and Period (2)
- (Former Type) SITE (Undated)
- FISHING STAND (20th Century - 1901 AD to 2000 AD)
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (03/07/2007 12:43:37)
NH66NE 130 centred 664 682
Running inland from HWM between river and stone pier is a disused military complex. Two large concrete blocks 2.7m sq. by 1.5m high stand at present HWM at Eastern end of complex 60m apart.
A line of fence posts 1.2m high runs out from the HWM into the mudflats at this point for approx 150m.
The military complex has upstanding building and Anderson shelters. with blast embankments.
Another fishing stance like thos eon Western side of pier stands in intertidal zone 60-70m out from 2nd concrete block on Eastern side of pier.
CFA/MORA Coastal Assessment Survey 1998.
<1> RCAHMS, 02/2008, Annual update from Canmore, 289434 (Dataset). SHG24123.
|Grid reference||NH 663 682 (point)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (0)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289434 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.