MHG50934 - Farmstead, Knockandhu
The site of a farmstead depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1869.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1869 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (10/07/2007 13:03:56)
NH85SW 87 8451 5180
NH 8451 5180 Site identified as part of a desk based assessment and walk over survey.
Jacobs Babtie, 2005. <1>
Study of 1st edition OS 6" to the mile maps revealed a roofed building at this location on the Nairnshire 1st edition Nairnshire Sheet IV (1871). <2>
The site polygon has been created from the 25 inch 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1869. <3>
A visitor to the HER website reported that his ancestor Margaret Macdonald (nee Mackenzie) was born at Knockandhu in September 1808, to Donald and Ann Mackenzie (nee Clark). She was christened at Petty on 13 September 1808. <4>
- <1> Dataset: RCAHMS. 02/2008. Annual update from Canmore. Digital. 289580.
- <2> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Fasham, P. 03/2005. Nairn to Clunas Replacement Water Main: Archaeological Desk-Based Assessment and walk over survey Vol 2 (Revised Route). Jacobs Babtie Ltd. 10/03/2005. Digital. Site 9.
- <3> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1869-1884. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 25 inch map: Nairn-shire. Digital.
- <4> Text/Correspondence: Private individual. 2008-11. Feedback from website visitor. Yes. Digital. Ian F Macdonald, 19/06/10.
|Grid reference||Centred NH 84522 51807 (55m by 37m) (Centred)|
|Civil Parish||CROY AND DALCROSS|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289580 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.