MHG50936 - Site of farmstead, Newlands Of Clunas
The site of a farmstead depicted on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey map c.1871. The lower wall sections of the buildings were still visible in 2005.
Type and Period (1)
- FARMSTEAD (Built, 19th Century - 1801 AD to 1871 AD (at some time))
- None recorded
NMRS Report: (10/07/2007 14:17:23)
NH84NE 49 8813 4746
NH 8813 4746 Site identified during a desk based assessment and walk over survey. The 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (Nairnshire 1871, sheet iv) shows three roofed buildings in an L shaped plan at this location. The walk over survey revealed the presence of large amounts of rubble, presumably from the demolished buildings. In addition, there are the well preserved remains of the walls of all three buildings standing to a height of 0.4m. Gaps in the wall probably indicating entrances as well as separate compartments are clearly visible within each building. <1><2>
|Grid reference||Centred NH 88138 47455 (38m by 36m) (Centred)|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289584 (View RCAHMS Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.