MHG50941 - Boundary wall, Corran, Loch Hourn
Boundary wall, Corran, Loch Hourn
Type and Period (1)
- BOUNDARY WALL (Post Medieval - 1560 AD? to 1900 AD?)
- None recorded
This site was recorded by NOSAS in 2006 as part of an archaeological survey of Loch Hourn.
Site 812. Boundary wall - The south end of the wasted remains of a stone wall, generally 0.5 high and 0.5m wide, possibly denoting a boundary. It continues east uphill. A more substantial ruined wall continues north from this same point and appears to have been replaced by a modern deer fence. <1>
NGR adjusted based on 1999-2001 APs <2>
1st Edition OS 6" <3>
<1> Wombell, J, 03/2007, A Report on the 2006 Archaeological Survey of Loch Hourn, Inverness-shire, p.12 Site 812 (Text/Report/Fieldwork Report). SHG25085.
<2> Ordnance Survey, 1873-6, Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire (Image/Map). SHG23755.
<3> Get Mapping, 1999-2001, Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map) (Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical). SHG27491.
- <1> Text/Report/Fieldwork Report: Wombell, J. 03/2007. A Report on the 2006 Archaeological Survey of Loch Hourn, Inverness-shire. North of Scotland Archaeological Society. Digital. p.12 Site 812.
- <2> Image/Map: Ordnance Survey. 1873-6. Ordnance Survey 1st edition 6 inch map: Inverness-shire. Digital.
- <3> Image/Photograph(s)/Aerial Photograph/Vertical: Get Mapping. 1999-2001. Get Mapping colour vertical aerial photography 1999-2001 (The Millennium Map). XY
|Grid reference||Centred NG 85090 08946 (84m by 613m)|
|Geographical Area||SKYE AND LOCHALSH|
Related Monuments/Buildings (0)
Related Investigations/Events (1)
External Links (1)
- https://canmore.org.uk/site/289637 (View HES Canmore entry for this site)
Comments and Feedback
Do you have any more information about this record? Please feel free to comment with information and photographs, or ask any questions, using the "Disqus" tool below. Comments are moderated, and we aim to respond/publish as soon as possible.